Li'l Red Notebook is an electronic word list organizer, used by medical transcriptionists and MT students, as an alternative to sticky notes and notebooks but is much easier to use than a spreadsheet or database program. It has a "stay on top" mode so you can see it while you are transcribing--or hide it with a keystroke. It has multiple hot keys so you don't have to use your mouse if you want to keep your hands on the keyboard. It's searchable and automatically alphabetizes and eliminates duplicate entries. You can include words and phrases as well as their definitions. You can use it alongside any word processing program.
- Unlimited entries--single words or phrases, up to 3000 characters each
Holds 100 user-named tabbed lists
- Stay visible while you transcribe or hides in your system tray--pops up when you press Ctrl-F12
- Alphabetizes automatically (remember what a pain it was to manually alphabetize your old fashioned notebook?)
- Regular 'Find' feature PLUS automatically jumps down the list to the entry you need as you type in the first few characters
- Import, export, backup & print your word lists
- Mouse-free hot keys keep your fingers on the keyboard
- Free upgrades
See our Web site for tips on using this great little program at www.horusdevelopment.com.
Download a full working version and use it free for up to 30 days. If you like it, pay just $18.50 for registration.
To download LRN (please download and try it before you buy it!), visit www.horusdevelopment.com and click the menu link for Li'l Red Notebook.
If you are an Earthlink or Hotmail/MSN user, please "white list" our domain (horusdevelopment.com) or e-mail we send in reply to a help request may get diverted as spam.
Note that this is a Windows-only program. We do not have a Mac version available at this time (although may do so in the future). If you have a new Intel-based Mac and have loaded Windows on it, LRN will run in Windows on any computer.